Sunday, February 10, 2008

ODDS AND ENDS

Drawing in a Winner

To attract some attention to my blog (and to the charity bracelet project), last December I had a drawing for those who joined my mailing list. But I needed to drive folks there.

So I hit the Etsy forums and proceeded to post the bracelet, my blog and my shop in any forum I could find (related or not). I did this for a few days until I received a lovely-worded e-mail from Etsy Admin stating that some people might consider this spam.

Luckily, I had already received a ton of hits so I gracefully and apologetically bowed out of the forums for a while. I sincerely didn't think of it as spam until the admin mentioned it and I am sorry if I annoyed any of you.

Anyhoo, I did have enough participants to hold an official drawing. A person by the name of S. Thompson won and chose one of my festive Holiday Bells On magnetic pins. Thanks to all for participating!

Writing for My Dinner

Woo-hoo! I am so excited to get a regular paycheck for something that I love to do - write! I've written and had published ten (or so) articles in my local paper, The Sentinel. It's a great little community paper. My articles are about local businesses that have either just started out or have major change afoot. I enjoy getting to know the people behind the business and sharing, through my article, what made them who they are.

I Gotta Get the Numbas!

"Did you do the numbers yet?" "Are you gonna get me the numbers this weekend?" The numbers. The numbers. The numbers!! Argh! I hate numbers. It's not that I can't do it. It's just that it's such a process!! But yes, I finally did it. I figured out what Fancy Free Me spent last year - all the Etsy and Paypal fees, post office costs, jewelry supplies, event costs. And all that we took in - customer sales at shows, Etsy, gallery venues - all of it!


I got him (my sweet, bean-counting hubby) the numbas! Phewf.

So you wanna know? How'd I do in 2007? Well, I can only say this, I had a 200% growth rate. That's good right?!

Here are some numbers I can share:

  • 2 - number of galleries that represent my work

  • 17 - number of times I packed up my gig, showed, sold and packed it all back up and brought it home.

  • 72 - number of merchants, venues, artists I paid for goods, fees or services

  • 175 - number of revenue sources - customers, sales, etc.
  • No comments: