Saturday, February 9, 2008

Mud Spun Arts Center Opens in Belchertown

What is this? Deanna Roux, instructor?


Yes, that's what I said, sista (or brotha - whatever the case may be).


Okay, slow down droux. You're getting a little ahead of yourself. Do you want the long version or the short version? ... Just what I figured. Fine, short version it is.


A woman, by the name of Becky Laliberte (a mom and a potter), decided to open an arts center in our sweet little town called Mud Spun Arts Center. She carved out a spot in a building she owns - really a strip mall. (P.S. It's the same strip mall where my kids take music lessons and I had put my business card up on the music shop's bulletin board.)


Becky lined up several artists to instruct 6-week workshops for adults. She was looking to fill a jewelry making slot when she came across my business card at the music shop.


See, I can do short version.


The arts center is currently conducting open registration for the following:


~Elements of Drawing
~Clay Tile Making
~Beaded Jewelry Design
~Woodcarving

Mud Spun also offers:


~"Clay with Us" Get Together
~Individual Potter's Wheel Instruction
~Art Camp for Kids
~Oil Painting Workshop

Check out the Mud Spun registration form for all the details, including dates, times, and very reasonable prices.


Oh, and did I tell you? I'm instructing a workshop!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck with your class!

Marisa