Tuesday, April 8, 2008

LEARNING IS GOOD

Who doesn't love to take an art class?

A friend and I went to New Hampshire to stay with my sister, Deborah. "The friend" is actually one of my sister's high school buddies.

We took a PMC (precious metal clay) class at Exeter Fine Crafts, a beautiful gallery and teaching facility. The town of Exeter is very artsy and there were lots of fun shops and boutiques to visit.

We made pendants using PMC clay, texture plates, stamps, molds and hand tools. We even used an ancient Korean method called Keum Boo (kum-boo), which translated means "attached gold". Everyone made quite stunning pieces.

Here's my piece. I used all hand tools to create the design, cut it out with a cookie cutter type of tool, and used a mold to capture the bird.


My bail is a little crooked and my patina is not quite right, but I love this thing and can't wait to create more!

1 comment:

dvinedesigns studio said...

Very Nice! Love this Piece!